- 200 grams chestnuts, boiled
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 450 ml beef or vegetable broth
- fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- salt – pepper
- heavy cream
In a pot, heat the butter and add the onion and potatoes. Add the chestnuts, stir well and add a small glass of white wine. Season, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the soup to a blender and spin until velvety or creamy smooth.
Check the seasoning and add a dollop of heavy cream if you like.
You can serve the soup with an adding of warm croutons and strained yoghurt*. To finish, you can flavour it with a dash of fresh thyme.
*: if you have not added heavy cream, as mentioned above.